Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Gratitude!


"One of the evils of our time is taking for granted so many of the things we enjoy. This was spoken of by the Lord: 'For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift?' (D&C 88:33). The Apostle Paul described our day to Timothy when he wrote that in the last days 'men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy' (2 Tim. 3:2). These sins are fellow travelers, and ingratitude makes one susceptible to all of them."

I must admit that I take a lot of things for granted and get caught up with the pace of life at times. We all must take a step back from time to time and realize where all of our blessings come from.
I am grateful for the bounteous blessings from above. My heart is full of gratitude when I stop and think about all I've been blessed with. From my voice as a Latter-day Saint, I am happy to share the gratitude in my heart for the many blessings that I've received. The Holy Ghost has witnessed the truth unto me several times and I would like to list a few things that come to mind:

I am thankful for:

Jesus Christ
God's Plan of Salvation
Temples
Living Prophets/Apostles
Revelation
Christ's restored gospel
The Book of Mormon
The Holy Bible
Restoration of the Priesthood
Testimony
Prayer
Tithing
Marriage between husband/wife
parents
grandparents
family
faith
and much, much more!

13 For it is expedient that I, the Lord, should make every man aaccountable, as a bsteward over earthly blessings, which I have made and prepared for my creatures. -D&C 104:13
I am realizing more and more that all things come from above. We own nothing. It's given to us to be a steward over from a loving Heavenly Father. He blesses us with resources and uses us as a tool to further His work.

39 For behold, this is my awork and my bglory—to bring to pass the cimmortality and deternal elife of man. -Moses 1:39

Let us all live in thanksgiving and give honor to God. He is the maker of all that we have obtained in righteousness. He wants to bless us and has given us a handbook--the scriptures on how to obtain all of His glorious blessings. Pray always....until tomorrow good night for now!

29 Therefore, aask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened. - 3 Nephi 27:29

1 comment:

johnandjana said...

I am so greatful for all that I have. We are definately blessed in the gospel and it becomes more evident with everything that is going on in the world. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark and Share