Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Prophecy Fulfilled?

Today in church a young father stood up and bore his testimony of Lehi's dream recorded in The Book of Mormon. The dream or vision is a warning to members of God's church that many shall follow the ways of the world and be lost in sin and transgression and few will enter in at the gate and hold to the iron rod which leads to the tree of life. He asked the congregation, "Could this literally be happening right now with the passing of prop 8 and all the protesters pointing fingers of scorn towards our Holy Temples... a beacon of life and light to the world. A symbol of freedom and Christ's work on the earth. Hmm...he could be speaking of a prophecy being fulfilled in a literal sense. What do you think? Feel free to comment below.
I'll share parts of Lehi's vision below found in The Book of Mormon.

1 Nephi 8---Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life in the Latter-days!

2 And it came to pass that while my father tarried in the wilderness he spake unto us, saying: Behold, I have adreamed a dream; or, in other words, I have bseen a cvision.

5 And it came to pass that I saw a aman, and he was dressed in a white brobe; and he came and stood before me.
6 And it came to pass that he spake unto me, and bade me follow him.
7 And it came to pass that as I followed him I beheld myself that I was in a dark and dreary waste.
8 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have amercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
9 And it came to pass after I had prayed unto the Lord I beheld a large and spacious afield.
10 And it came to pass that I beheld a atree, whose bfruit was desirable to make one chappy.
11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the afruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the bwhiteness that I had ever seen.

13 And as I cast my eyes round about, that perhaps I might discover my family also, I beheld a ariver of water; and it ran along, and it was near the tree of which I was partaking the fruit.

19 And I beheld a arod of iron, and it extended along the bank of the river, and led to the tree by which I stood.
20 And I also beheld a astrait and narrow path, which came along by the rod of iron, even to the tree by which I stood; and it also led by the head of the fountain, unto a large and spacious field, as if it had been a bworld.
21 And I saw numberless concourses of people, many of whom were apressing forward, that they might obtain the bpath which led unto the tree by which I stood.
22 And it came to pass that they did come forth, and commence in the path which led to the tree.
23 And it came to pass that there arose a amist of darkness; yea, even an exceedingly great mist of darkness, insomuch that they who had commenced in the path did lose their way, that they wandered off and were blost.

26 And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the aother side of the river of water, a great and bspacious building; and it stood as it were in the cair, high above the earth.
27 And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine; and they were in the aattitude of bmocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had come at and were partaking of the fruit.

31 And he also saw other amultitudes feeling their way towards that great and spacious building.
32 And it came to pass that many were drowned in the adepths of the bfountain; and many were lost from his view, wandering in strange roads.
33 And great was the multitude that did enter into that strange building. And after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of ascorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also; but we heeded them not. http://scriptures.lds.org/en/1_ne/8






1 comment:

johnandjana said...

I definately think a lot of prophecies are being fulfilled in quiet ways also. Prop 8 was one for sure. I really enjoy your blog. It helps me learn things a ll the time.

Bookmark and Share