Monday, November 17, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Anthing is possible! If You Think You Can You Can!



Today was an awesome day! I am amazed at how things happen in life. We are each the author of our own destiny and have the pen in hand to write our own story. A wise leader of mine once said, "Live life with no regrets!" These five words etched in my mind and had a lasting impact on me. These words have helped propel me through the tough times that I face. Life isn't easy all the time, in fact its very challenging at times. Of all the lessons I've learned, the one that sticks out currently is the sound principle of attitude. Attitude really does determine one's altitude!

Today I was on the final rung of a very high ladder, just about to reach the top, and it all started back in April at rung #1 and then #2 and so on....

Today I met a lady at her home of the ripe young age of 93. She having a birthday one day apart from my own launched a conversation on common ground and we began talking about life.
I asked her how she's been able to stay mobile and cheerful at such an age....she looked and acted as though she was maybe 70!

She chuckled and said, "Well, it begins with diet and state of mind, Christopher." "I'm happy and find joy in things I do each day. Not many things can get me down. My husband past 14 years ago, but he's gonna have to keep waiting for me, cuz I'm enjoying life." She then proceeded to tell me about her travels and the beauties of the earth she loves to see. Her family means everything to her and she takes good care of her 70 year old daughter who has ms. Wow! What a great lesson at the end of a long marathon!

This lady is an optimist. Very full of life and I could tell that she savored each breath and moment that life dealt her. A great example to all of us, -- a positive mental outlook on each day we're given!
Meeting Vivian B. Rawdon today along with me reaching rung #300 to hit the top of my ladder was a great point to look around. This experience made me stop and think of how I got there...consistent effort with hard work, dedication, and a positive state of mind.When we set our minds to achieve something and work with the attitude that all things are possible, that nothing is going to stop us, and we proceed down the path, there really is nothing that can stop us... EXCEPT ourself!
This lesson has been passing through my mind a lot this year. Nobody can stop one from doing something except one's self. Life is a journey with many ups and downs, trials and tribulations come and go, at times we feel like giving up on a task, but by pushing through and proceeding we find accomplishment at last.

When I was in 5th grade our teacher had us color a paper cut-out with a can on the side that read "If you think you can, you can!" We then glued it around a small can. I remember having this set upon my shelf all through the years of growing up and reading it often. I still have it today as a pen holder on my desk and use it as a daily reminder.

If you think you can, YOU can. If you think you can't, you can't! Either way you're right. -Henry Ford

Today I reached a goal, a mark I've been working towards, a milestone, a pinnacle of success and achieved something that few ever have in my industry. I give thanks to my Father above, for the talents and wisdom he has blessed me with. For the endurance, dedication, and hard work I've been taught and applied throughout the years. I feel truly blessed for the abundant blessings I've received. I know that all things are possible with God.
27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, aWith men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are bpossible. -Mark 10:27

"Whatever the mind of man can believe and conceive, it can achieve." - Napolean Hill

Remember today that with God and faith all things are possible! If you think you can, YOU can!

3 comments:

johnandjana said...

What an awesome post. You truly are a remarkable young man and you should be so proud of the goals that you accomplish. I am very proud of you and thanks for this great reminder that we can do things if we think we can.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Congrats Christopher! It is true we can do anything we put our mind to. I am pleased to see you reached a goal you set your mind to months ago...that is great! What a terrific feeling!

weloveadoption said...

I can't believe you still have that can! I really enjoyed reading this. I am so glad you reached your goal. Hope to see you soon!

Bookmark and Share