Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bookmark and Share

The Restoration of Truth!


Another Sabbath day has come and is nearing a close. Today at church services I was again reminded of the glorious blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We all have so much to be grateful for.
Personally, I am deeply grateful for the knowledge I have gained of the Prophet Joseph Smith. This man was truly called of God and was dealt a great deal of adversity. We all have trials and challenges in life that we must overcome. It's meant to be this way. http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/122

Joseph Smith was just a young 14 year old boy when he was in search of the truth. Many christian churches were teaching doctrines, however they were teaching differently as to confuse young Joseph.
In his search for truth and to discover which church he should join at the time, he came across a bible verse in James 1:5, which states: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Joseph Smith then went into a nearby grove of trees near his home in Palmyra, New York and applied this verse of scripture.
He knelt down and prayed and in his own words this is what he said, "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him"

Through this experience and testimony The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints has grown to a worldwide church with over 13 million members in less than 200 years. I have a testimony of this experience and know for myself that it did occur. Recently my testimony of this was strengthened as my wife and I traveled to the location it took place. You, too can find out the same way I did and many other millions of members have; simply by praying and asking God. Do you lack wisdom? James 1:5 We are all God's children and He wants what's best for us. I know that any individual who wants to know if this did take place can know through sincere, heartfelt prayer. If you've read this far, I challenge you to read of His testimony and from The Book of Mormon and pray about it. I promise you will come to know these things are true as well if you have a desire to.

Heaven's Blessings!


1 comment:

The Bedke Fam said...

chris i just found this site through your facebook posting. it's really cool. i love that you're sharing the gospel through blogging. you're awesome!

Bookmark and Share