Friday, October 17, 2008

Bookmark and Share

The Book of Mormon

This is one of my favorite versus in the scripture. It helps me realize why I am here, my purpose for existence and to keep a proper perspective of what God wants for each of us...to prepare to meet Him!

32For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.

I am a big fan of The Book of Mormon. In fact, it is my favorite book and teaches me a great deal about who I am and why I exist.
I believe we are all brothers and sisters of a loving Father in Heaven. He has called prophets throughout the ages to lead and guide His people upon the earth.
Unfortunately, however many reject His prophets. As evidence that these prophets did in fact exist we have sacred records of scripture that were kept and preserved to help each of us gain testimony of Jesus Christ and strengthen our faith in Him.
The Holy Bible and Book of Mormon were recorded during the same time periods.

I found a great resource for learning more about The Book of Mormon: www.bookofmormononline.net This site has a wealth of information on the record. Enjoy

No comments:

Bookmark and Share