Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bookmark and Share

Music & The Spoken Word - Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Music & the Spoken Word: A Week in the Life


The dedication, talent, and service of so many make this beautiful and uplifting music possible.  Enjoy!

“Music is given of God to further his purposes. Sweet melodies mellow the souls of men and help prepare them for the gospel. After men receive the truth, songs of praise to Deity help to sanctify and cleanse their souls.”
-- Elder Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine (1966), 521


One of my favorite parts of the Sabbath day is the beautiful music that is played and sung at church.  From our local worship services to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & The Spoken Word on television and the Internet it always uplifts and inspires me to become a better person.  It brings a spirit of peace, happiness, and pure joy into my heart.  The music moves me and causes me to be more grateful for each of my blessings from our loving Heavenly Father.  Throughout the week I often turn on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir YouTube channel when I'm unwinding in the evening or working on tasks for my businesses.


October 22, 2017 - Music & The Spoken Word



“The singing of our sacred hymns, written by the servants of God, has a powerful effect in converting people to the principles of the Gospel, and in promoting peace and spiritual growth.”
-- President Heber J. Grant, Improvement Era, Sept. 1940, 522

This is one of my favorite hymnals...

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing - Mormon Tabernacle Choir



A very beautiful rendition of this song...

The Prayer - Katherine Jenkins and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir


“Music is truly the universal language, and when it is excellently expressed how deeply it moves our souls.”
-- President David O. McKay, in Conference Report, Apr. 1945, 119



No comments:

Bookmark and Share