Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bookmark and Share

Amazing Grace, Glorious, and Gratitude on #HisDay...

What first comes to mind with these words: Amazing Grace, Glorious, and Gratitude?

 They have been on my mind throughout the day as I've observed the Sabbath and tried to keep it holy.   I love the Sabbath day!  It is a delight each week to spend the entire day with my family and loved ones.  My heart is full of gratitude for this gift from our loving Heavenly Father.  It is #HisDay - a day dedicated to putting aside our selfish endeavors and things of this world and focusing instead on the Savior, Jesus Christ and His gospel teachings.  The Sabbath is a delight in our home each week as a special feeling and spirit of reverence comes over our family and home.  We look forward to this day of rest from earthly labors each week.
#HisDay
 


Today after church we watched Bible videos as we waited for mommy in a primary meeting.  I love my kids and they bring me more joy and happiness than anything else. #HisDay 


We watched The Last Supper


Meeting in an upper room with His disciples, Jesus washes their feet, institutes the sacrament, and commands them to love one another. #HisDay

Jesus washing the feet of His disciples -
This picture hangs in our foyer at church.
 

Isaiah 58:13

13 ¶If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 


14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the ahigh places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

A Family Favorite on the Sabbath  

As a family we love watching inspirational and uplifting movies centered on the Savior each Sunday.  Some of our favorites are songs of worship praising our Savior.  There are many talented musicians that we listen to and watch over and over.  Take a look at a few of our favorites... #HisDay




Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)



Nearer My God To Thee



Glorious 



Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing/If You Could Hie to Kolob



I am a Child of God



Angels We Have Heard on High  
*Most viewed YouTube in our home I think :)

These are just a few of our favorites that invite the spirit of the Lord into our home and inspire us to want to be better and try a little harder.

I hope you enjoyed your Sabbath as much as we did ours.  Have an excellent week, SMILE and lift another with kind words and love in your heart!  #LightandTruth

 ~ C.J. Poulsen
 

No comments:

Bookmark and Share