Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bookmark and Share

The Priesthood of God



The priesthood is the eternal power and authority of God. Through the priesthood God created and governs the heavens and the earth. Through this power He redeems and exalts His children, bringing to pass “the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39). God gives priesthood authority to worthy male members of the Church so they can act in His name for the salvation of His children. Priesthood holders can be authorized to preach the gospel, administer the ordinances of salvation, and govern the kingdom of God on the earth.

John 15:16
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have achosen you, and bordained you, that ye should go and bring forth cfruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my dname, he may give it you.

I am very grateful for the Priesthood power and authority that exists within the Restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been blessed by its power throughout my life and have been privileged to bless the lives of others through exercising the rights and privileges of the priesthood.

When I turned age 12 I had hands laid upon my head and was conferred the Aaronic Priesthood and ordained to the office of Deacon. At age 14, I was ordained a Teacher. At age 16, I was ordained to the office of Priest. And at age 18 I had conferred upon me the rights, power, and authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood and became an Elder in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been able to serve in these various offices within the church and be an instrument in the hands of God to bless others. It has strengthened my testimony and life as a result!

For a male member of the Church to hold the priesthood, an authorized priesthood holder must confer it on him and ordain him to an office in that priesthood (see Hebrews 5:4; D&C 42:11)

The proper authority is essential in order for the true church to grow and for each of us to receive the proper saving ordinances to return back to live with our Heavenly Father some day.

~C. Poulsen

No comments:

Bookmark and Share