Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bookmark and Share

A Tribute to Nephi!


Nephi was a man of honor, faith, integrity, obedience, love, and determination to follow God and keep his commandments. We can learn a great deal from the lessons he's taught us through his example of an extraordinary life.
As a man of great faith and obedience we learn of his gratitude towards his parents, his desire to do as the Lord commands, his example of righteousness and faith, his determination to share his testimony with others, his understanding of his nothingness before God, and many more things that he wrote and testified of in the first two books of The Book of Mormon: 1 Nephi and 2 Nephi.
1 Nephi 1:1
1 I, Nephi, having been aborn of bgoodly cparents, therefore I was dtaught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many eafflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a frecord of my proceedings in my days.

1 Nephi 3:7
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

15 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did strive to keep the acommandments of the Lord, and I did bexhort my brethren to faithfulness and diligence.

1 Nephi 17:49
49 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto them that they should murmur no more against their father; neither should they withhold their labor from me, for God had commanded me that I should abuild a ship.

These are just a few of the many great scriptures that Nephi has given us! His words are a blessing to all who will read, accept, and apply! ~Blessings C.J.P.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share