Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bookmark and Share

Dare to Stand Alone

Sunday is my favorite day of the week for many reasons.  First of all, I love going to church with my family and seeing my two year old light up when he asks, "Do we get to go to church today, Daddy?"  His face beams with joy and excitement when I tell him yes!  He loves to go and see friends in nursery and learn about Jesus, the temple, and the Holy Ghost.  It brings joy and happiness to me as well when I pick him up from his nursery after our classes are over and he proceeds to tell me what he colored, drew, or made that day.  Today he made a little book about Jesus and the creation and he was super excited to show it to me and his mommy and sister when we got home...For me, church brings a lot of strength and peace to my heart.



I love partaking of the sacrament (bread and water) in remembrance of Jesus Christ and renewing the covenants I have made with my Heavenly Father at baptism and in the temple.  This brings great peace and reflection, allows for personal pondering and self evaluation.  Course corrections are brought to light and a new determination is planted to do a little 'better' this week than last.

I love having a day of rest and hanging out with my family in pj's; not worrying about emails or work-related stuff for a full day.  We love to watch church films as a family, read from the scriptures, and play games.  Today we got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and hear the prophet, Thomas S. Monson speak and testify of Jesus Christ and His birth.  His two counselors spoke as well and wonderful messages were given regarding our Savior, Jesus Christ.  This time of year is a time to count all of our many blessings.

I love learning about and sharing the gospel.  The good news (gospel) brings a lot of hope and builds my faith as I learn about Christ and His Restored gospel and church for three hours at church meetings.  Once I get home, I try to carry that same spirit and to share my testimony and gospel principles I've learned here on my blog for others to discover and read.  I hope you've enjoyed today's post!

IN a darkening world, it can be tough to stand tall for what we believe in...Where are your roots planted?  What foundation have you built to withstand the storms of adversity?

The inspirational clip above teaches how important it is to stand firm in our faith, even if it means standing alone.  Watch our modern day prophet as a young man in Navy boot camp "stand alone" and learn a great lesson...Whatever your faith is, Dare to Stand Alone ~

~ C.J. Poulsen 

No comments:

Bookmark and Share