Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bookmark and Share

The prophet Nephi ~ A great example for each of us~

In The Book of Mormon, we learn from the prophet Nephi many different times. He is a great example for us to look unto when seeking the Lord's will rather than our own. Nephi sought the will of the Lord and was blessed. We too, can do this in our daily prayers.

I know that when I put my trust in the Lord and seek his will rather than my own selfish desires I am blessed.

Nephi was blessed in particular for 5 things he did:

4
aBlessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how 1. thou hast with bunwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And 2. thou hast not feared them, and 3. hast not sought thine cown life, but 4. hast sought my dwill, and 5. to keep my commandments.

5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that aall things shall be bdone unto thee according to thy cword, for thou shalt dnot ask that which is contrary to my will.

~http://scriptures.lds.org/en/hel/10

No comments:

Bookmark and Share