Happy December! Another month has come and gone and we are going into the snowier part of the holiday season. In 30 more days it will be 2009! WoW!
Something that has been on my mind lately is the title phrase: Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
This next scripture holds a lot of truth...May we all seek after the riches of eternity and to do the will of our Father who art in Heaven. Jesus Christ is our perfect exemplar of all righteousness and fulfilling the will of the Father while in the flesh! We too can make this our treasure.
- 16 They aseek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man bwalketh in his cown dway, and after the eimage of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth fold and shall perish in Babylon, even gBabylon the great, which shall fall.
- Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
- The true church must bear the name of Jesus Christ (Eph 5:23)
- The true church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
- The true church must have the same organization as Christ’s Church (Eph 4:11-14)
- The true church must claim divine authority (Heb 4:4-10)
- The true church must have no paid ministry (Acts 20:33-34; John 10:11-13)
- The true church must baptize by immersion (Matt 3:13-16)
- The true church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
- The true church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
- The true church must teach that God and Jesus are separate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
- The true church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39; Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
- The officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; 40:13-16)
- The true church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
- The true church must be a missionary church (Matt 28:19-20)
- The true church must be a restored church (Acts 3:19-20)
- The true church must practice baptism for the dead (1Cor 15:16&29)
- “By their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matt 7:20)