Sunday, November 1, 2015

Bookmark and Share

The Holy Temple ~ a place of beauty and peace


I Love to See the Temple

  1. 1. I love to see the temple.
    I'm going there someday
    To feel the Holy Spirit,
    To listen and to pray.
    For the temple is a house of God,
    A place of love and beauty.
    I'll prepare myself while I am young;
    This is my sacred duty.
  2. 2. I love to see the temple.
    I'll go inside someday.
    I'll cov'nant with my Father;
    I'll promise to obey.
    For the temple is a holy place
    Where we are sealed together.
    As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
    A fam'ly is forever.
    In these beautiful and simple words lie truth for all who will hear the Master's voice and Come Unto Him.  My children love this song and ask me to sing along with them often.  I am grateful for their learning and understanding of these holy temples at a young age. 
    The Holy Temples are sacred edifices where our Heavenly Father's love is manifest.  The temple is symbolic of our Savior, Jesus Christ as they illuminate Light in a darkened world.  They shine brightly as an invitation to all who will come forth and partake of the blessings found therein.  Inscribed above the entrance is Holiness to the Lord - The House of the Lord.
    The temple represents purity and wholeness and is a type of how we should live our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ.  Disciple comes from the root word - Discipline.   Discipline is necessary to conduct a life worthy and righteous to enter His holy house.  
    The following verses speak clearly on what we are admonished (challenged) to do to receive the blessings of the temple:
     
     119 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
     120 That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High.
     121 Therefore, cease from all your light speeches, from all laughter, from all your lustful desires, from all your pride and light-mindedness, and from all your wicked doings.

    I testify that the temples around the world are the House of the Lord.  His spirit is manifest inside the holy walls.  His work to redeem the dead is being performed daily to bring redemption to those who past through this life without hearing and accepting the saving ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

    40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
     41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

    The First Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians

     29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 

    The work of salvation is alive and well.  It is moving forward daily so that God's purposes may be accomplished.  I am grateful for my understanding and testimony of His work and that I can be a part of proclaiming the truth to those who haven't heard.  I invite you to come and learn more about Christ's restored gospel.  It changes man's heart and puts us each on a path to walk with the Lord.  ~ C.J. Poulsen

     39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. 

No comments:

Bookmark and Share