Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bookmark and Share

Fort Lauderdale Florida LDS Temple Open House and Dedication


I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE!

Hello natives of Florida...IF you've ever wanted to tour an LDS temple and you live in the area, now is your chance.  SAVE the DATE!

My grandmother served an LDS mission to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in 1978.  I'm certain she is smiling down now to see this beautiful temple being completed for the Saints to enjoy in that region.

NEWS RELEASE - 13 JANUARY 2014

Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple
Open House and Dedication Dates
Announced

SALT LAKE CITY -- The First Presidency has announced open house and dedication dates for the Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The public is invited to visit the temple during an open house from Saturday, 29 March, through 19 April 2014, excluding Sundays.  Free reservations for the open house can be made through the fortlauderdalemormontemple.org website in the coming weeks.



The Temple has been a great blessing in my life.  I grew up watching my parents go on Friday nights to the temple as their date night.  It always intrigued me as a child why they would go here and what they would do there.  I've always loved seeing the temple and especially at nighttime when they light up so beautifully white.
I was taught from a young age that we go to the temples to learn more about the creation, this life and its purpose, and where we're going after we die.  I also learned that we serve others here, particularly those who have passed on before us and may not have had a chance to accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and finally to worship our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ in humility and reverence.  
As a young man, at the age of twelve, I was ordained a Deacon of the Aaronic Priesthood and had my first trip to the temple.  I was amazed at the peacefulness and beauty of the temple grounds and going inside for the first time to do *baptisms for the dead.  This was an experience I cherished and loved returning often with other youth and leaders of my ward congregation.
29 Else what shall they do which are abaptized bfor the dead, if the dead crise not at all? why are they then baptized for theddead?  1 Corinthians 15:29 
And now as an adult, I have had the privilege of entering several temples around the country and partaking of the blessings from our Heavenly Father.  My wife and I were married and sealed for time and eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple a few years ago.  This was a day never to be forgotten and one of the best days of my life! 
When I see or think of the holy temple, I think of light, I think of Christ.  I think of an anchor in a raging storm. I think peace and serenity.  I think of a sanctuary of purity and safety.  I think of angels.  I think of heaven and charity.  I think of faith from our pioneer history.  I think of happiness and families being together forever.   
I would love to hear your comments and thoughts about the temple below!  What do you think of when you see the temple? 
~C.J. Poulsen 

1 comment:

Brett and Tiffany said...

We too love the temple! It is a great blessing in our lives to attend at least once a month. The other night we were driving home from Kelly Canyon and it was really foggy and we couldn't see the temple. We all tried as hard as we could to make it out on the hill! It is a beacon to us all. I realized how we always look to the temple for guidance...even as we are driving down the road!

Bookmark and Share