Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bookmark and Share

Gratitude


Gratitude - today in our Elder's quorum we discussed this topic and I have been contemplating it all today. A few of the main reasons we tend to lack gratitude is because our pride and ego get in the way. Often we take life for granted along with the many blessings we've been offered. We also discussed that many of us feel entitlement for that new car or house or keeping up with the neighbors and always "wanting" more...never satisfied with what we've been given. It was a great lesson that made me ponder all that I am grateful for.

I wanted to illustrate what I have been thinking today with the following acronym:

G - Gospel, I am extremely grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and my understanding and testimony of it. I feel very blessed to have the fullness of the gospel at my fingertips each new day when I get up. I hope and pray more people may discover the truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ this year of 2011! WHY become a Mormon?

R - Repentance, Jesus Christ has made it possible for each of us to overcome sins through repentance. The ABC's of Repentance are 1. Admit you've done something wrong, 2. Be SORRY, 3. Correct the problem, 4. Don't do it again!

2 Nephi 31:17
17
Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and abaptism by water; and then cometh a bremission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.

A - (At - one) - ment, The Atonement of Christ enables each individual to repent, be cleansed and become at one with Christ. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have been granted to improve and work at overcoming my weaknesses.

T - Testimony, I am grateful that I have a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am also very thankful for the testimonies of the living prophet and apostles.
I - am a Mormon. My heart is full of gratitude for the privilege it is of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

T - Temple, I love to see the temple and go there as often as I can. It is a special place of holiness where one can learn the mysteries of God such as where we came from, why are we here, and where are we going after this life.

U - Understanding, I am grateful for my understanding of the Plan of Happiness our Heavenly Father has laid out and revealed to us through scriptures and living prophets and apostles.

D - Discipleship, I am grateful that I get to stand as a witness of Christ each day and strive to live my life by example. Being a follower of Christ is a huge blessing with many benefits.

E - Eternal Perspective, As I ponder all of these things I gain an eternal perspective of what I have been given and blessed with throughout my life. I know that where much is given much is required. I hope to teach my family about gratitude and to become more grateful this year.



No comments:

Bookmark and Share