Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Renewing the Mind--Romans 12:2

2 And be not conformed to this aworld: but be ye btransformed by the crenewing of your dmind, that ye may eprove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, fwill of God. -Romans 12:2

Personal Development is something I have become very passionate about since returning home from my full-time missionary service five years ago in California. Soon after returning home I attended a seminar and a speaker by the name of C.S. Hughes from southern California spoke about achieving whatever we want in this life and that all things are possible with Heavenly Father's help. He inspired me to begin a course of action that has improved my life and I'm grateful for his example.

I have discovered a lot of interesting nuggets of wisdom while reading. Back in high school I didn't enjoy reading really at all. Now I desire a good book often. In fact I try to read or listen to self-help/personal development books/audio everyday for at least 30 minutes.

From my first book, Think and Grow Rich, to my latest read, Success Built to Last, I have learned the overall message from these authors is that true wealth and richness of life isn't money or monetary gain, but rather wisdom=applying knowledge wisely.


In my studies I have found the more we learn and internalize sound principles the easier our mind will propel us in our endeavors. Obstacles can be overcome with "mental toughness!" The power of our subconscious mind is an amazing tool that we've all been blessed with.

A few of my favorite quotes include the following:

"There is no substitute under the heavens for productive labor. It is the process by which dreams become realities. It is the process by which idle visions become dynamic achievements." -Gordon B. Hinckley
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford
The Body is the Servant of the Mind! -James Allen

"As you think, so you are, and as you continue to think, so you remain." -James Allen

"You are literally what you think, your character being the sum of all your thoughts" -James Allen
"Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve" -Napolean Hill
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give!" -Henry David Thoreau

It is my hope that we will all create a desire to follow this wonderful scripture given to the prophet Joseph Smith during the establishment of the First Presidency and putting the church in order. The quest of excellence is learning and knowledge...

  1. 15 And set in order the churches, and astudy and blearn, and become acquainted with all good books, and with clanguages, tongues, and people.
To get started reading good self improvement books I will recommend an excellent resource and mentor that inspired me. C.S. Hughes is the founder of www.pdforfree.com This is a valuable resource to share with all your friends and family and begin the exciting journey of personal development and self-mastery with one's self.

Challenge yourself and pick up a good book today. Make a positive habit that will influence your life's decisions for the better.

A few of my favorite books are the following:
1. The Book of Mormon
2. The Holy Bible
3. The Doctrine and Covenants
4. The Pearl of Great Price
5. Think and Grow Rich
6. The Slight Edge
7. Success Built to last
8. The Magic of Thinking Big
9. You were born Rich
10. As a man Thinketh
11. The power of your subconscious mind
12. How to win friends and influence people
13. Rich dad, poor dad

No comments:

Bookmark and Share