Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Election 2008!

Yesterday my internet was down when I got home from work and I wasn't able to do my daily post.
Back at the desk tonight, I see we have a new President of the United States. History is being made everyday across the earth. Either for good or worse it is being etched in time.

What footprints are you leaving? Here is a phrase I often ask myself... Have I done any good today? Have I lifted another? Am I progressing or going backwards?

Life is all about choices and being creators of our own destinies. We all have been blessed with the gift of agency from a loving Heavenly Father. He wants us to choose for ourselves and to learn from our mistakes.
  1. 35 Behold, I gave unto him that he should be an aagent unto himself; and I gave unto him commandment, but no temporal commandment gave I unto him, for my bcommandments are cspiritual; they are not natural nor temporal, neither carnal nor sensual.
    • • •
    39 And it must needs be that the adevil should btempt the children of men, or they could not be cagents unto themselves; for if they never should have dbitter they could not know the sweet—

I have made many mistakes and continue to do so each day, but I am continuously reminded to be courageous and walk forward with faith. I am confident in the peace I receive from righteous choices. I know Heavenly Father is anxious and wanting to bless each of us. He wants us to choose the right and exercise our agency unto righteousness.

  1. 27 Wherefore, men are afree according to the bflesh; and call things are dgiven them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to echoose fliberty and eternal glife, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be hmiserable like unto himself.
When I choose the wrong, I feel bad and want to correct my course of action. A scripture that comes to mind is and gives me hope is:
  1. 10 Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, awickedness never was bhappiness.
I am very grateful for the scriptures God has given us. These scriptures are taken from the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

With new change in Washington we all have a choice to support our leaders and countrymen and stand up for what we believe in and let our voices be heard. Blessings to all!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share